Subject to established medical protocols the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant shall provide primary and acute medical direction and coordination of care.
At least 3 years’ experience as an NP or PA working in Family Practice or Urgent Care. Licensed in the State of Indiana.
Submit resume for consideration.
· Performs general medical care including examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-ups, consultations and education.
· Teaches group wellness classes as requested and scheduled
· Provides Health Coaching and Education as an integral part of all patient care.
· Records patient medical history.
· Formulates and plans initial prognosis of patient.
· Practices health and safety requirements.
· Prescribes types of treatment including therapeutic acts.
· Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary.
· Refers patients to specialist
· Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment.
· Collaboration with supervising physician
· Orders and interprets routine labs/diagnostic studies
· Responds appropriately to emergent/life threatening situations
· Minimum Experience: Three years of clinic practice in a primary or urgent care setting
· Minimum Field of Expertise: Proper certification from State Licensing Board
· Required maintenance of state licensure and national certification
· BLS certification and maintenance
· Required continuing education as deemed by state/certification board
· Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; uses reason.
· Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions; demonstrates presentation skills; participates in meetings.
· Written Communication- Writes clearly and concisely; edits work; presents data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; formulates realistic action plans.
· Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback.
· Professionalism- Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
· Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to sit and/or stand and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to reach above shoulders.
· Ability to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools or controls
· Ability to talk, hear and see
· Ability to walk
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.